Excessive breast size in women not only creates aesthetic problems, but also disrupts the patient's comfort of life and can cause many health problems.
In daily life, patients who feel as if a kilo of weight is attached to their neck may experience physical problems such as spinal problems, posture disorders, low back pain, neck pain, backaches, numbness in the arms and hands, deep scars caused by bra straps, and diaper rash and chronic wounds in the under-breast area.
In addition, large and drooping breasts, problems in choosing clothes and problems with physical appearance, limitation of movement, and breathing difficulties, especially while lying down, negatively affect patients psychologically.
Patients often try to camouflage and hide the situation. The difficulties arising from the situation affect the patient more and more as time passes, and even cause chronic diseases.
Why Do Breasts Get Enlarged?
- Factors such as genetic factors, hormonal changes, weight gain, birth and breastfeeding can cause large breasts. Therefore, breast enlargement can be a problem for women of all age groups.
- It can be accompanied by obesity or it can be isolated.
- Blood thinners such as aspirin should be avoided for 10 days before surgery.
- If the patient smokes before the surgery, it is very important to quit or reduce it for 2 weeks if possible and not to smoke for at least 2 weeks after the surgery. This not only allows the scars to heal better, but also makes the post-operative period easier to overcome. It also significantly reduces complications.
- If the patient has significant diseases in his past and the drugs he uses constantly, the doctor should be informed.
- If there is tension and tenderness in the chest before the menstrual periods, the surgery should not be coincided with this period.
- The breast is evaluated by imaging methods (USG Mammography).
- If there is breast cancer in the family, it should be reported to the doctor.
- During the procedure performed under general anesthesia, the main purpose is to remove the excess tissue that causes excessive weight, as well as to bring the nipple to the ideal height and raise the breast at the same time, making the nipple circumference into a regular circle and reducing its diameter to the ideal size.
- Although surgical techniques in which the relationship between the nipple and milk ducts are not disrupted are primarily preferred, surgical techniques in which this relationship is disrupted may be required in some large breasts.
- The duration of the operation also varies between 2-4 hours, depending on the technique used.
- The patient begins to feel the comfort of getting rid of the weight from the first evening and at the same time gains an upright and lively breast as in his youth.
- Contrary to what is expected, the patient is kept in the hospital for one night in the postoperative period, which is spent with very small pains.
- In some limited reduction surgeries, recovery is fast and normal activities can be returned immediately after the procedure, while this process may be prolonged depending on the condition of the removed tissue in very large breasts.
- The patient, who returns to his daily life from the next day, does not feel even the slight pain that may be caused by the surgery, with the relief of getting rid of the burden.
- Although it is closed with aesthetic sutures, the most negative side of the operation is the scars that will perhaps become obscure over time. Likewise, the location and length of the scars that will occur depending on the technique also change. While the surgical scars are more obvious in the first months, they become better from the sixth month.
- The patient, whose life comfort has increased tremendously, not only becomes socially comfortable, but also becomes a completely different person with the relief of getting rid of the burden he has been carrying for years.
Is there an age limit for this surgery?
- Breast Reduction operation can be performed on women of all age groups who have larger and sagging breasts compared to their body size.
Will the breast grow again after the operation?
- After the breast reduction operation, the breasts do not return to their original shape, but slight enlargement may occur due to general weight gain.
Will this surgery cause cancer?
- Breast reduction surgery certainly does not cause the development of breast cancer and does not increase the risk of developing cancer. On the contrary, since the breast tissue shrinks, the tissue that is likely to become cancer decreases and indirectly provides a protective effect.
If you are interested in aesthetics, prp and mesotherapy you should definitely read our articles.