Nose Aesthetics - Rhinoplasty
Functional and Aesthetic Nose Surgery
Nose aesthetics (rhinoplasty) is an operation to reshape the nose to improve its appearance. Rhinoplasty operation is performed to correct congenital or trauma-induced deformities in the nose. Some patients may also experience nasal breathing problems due to this deformity. With this operation, both the deformity can be corrected and the breathing problem can be eliminated.
The preferred age for the rhinoplasty operation is after the age of 18, when ninety percent of the nose development is completed.
Aesthetic rhinoplasty can be applied due to requirements such as reducing the size of the nose, narrowing it, shaping the tip of the nose, eliminating the bony prominences in the nose, correcting the angle between the nose and the upper lip.
Rhinoplasty operations can be performed with open or closed technique. In the open technique, after a small transverse incision in the columella (the column separating the nostrils), the skin and subcutaneous tissue of the nose are scraped upwards to reach and shape the bone and cartilage tissue. After this procedure, a small scar is formed on the columella that cannot be noticed. In the closed technique, incisions are made from the mucous tissue through the nostrils. Again, the skin and subcutaneous tissue are separated from the cartilage and bone tissue and bone and cartilage are shaped.
After your nose structure is determined by our surgeon, the most appropriate technique will be applied.
- If there is a common cold or flu-like illness before the operation, such conditions may prevent the operation.
- About 10 days before the operation, the use of blood thinners and herbal teas should be stopped.
- Since smoking is a habit that delays the healing process of the wound, it is beneficial to quit smoking before the operation.
- At least 6 hours before the operation, eating and drinking should be left and it is necessary to stay hungry.
- Surgery takes 2-3 hours on average.
- The operations are performed under general anesthesia.
- Patients generally do not have pain after surgery; however, some patients may experience minimal pain. In this process, the patient is treated with painkillers.
- It is necessary not to get out of bed for about 6 hours. The reason for this is the possibility of dizziness and blackout due to the fact that the effect of the anesthesia has not passed.
- In some cases, patients are discharged on the same day, and sometimes they are discharged the next day after being kept under observation for 1 night.
- You should sleep on high pillows for approximately 15 days, avoid tilting your head, and lie flat as much as possible while lying down.
- In order to preserve the new shape of the nose after plastic surgery, the nose is enclosed in a special plastic material (splint). After 1 week, this material is removed.
- There will be a very thin swelling (edema) in the nose. Usually there is not much swelling and bruising.
- If no complications occur after the surgery, patients can usually return to work within 5-10 days.
- Swelling and bruises may occur after the operation, but they lighten over time and decrease to a level that can be covered with make-up within 1 week-10 days.
- It is recommended not to use glasses during the first 6-8 weeks after the surgery.
- After 1 month after the operation, 75-80% of the edema disappears.
- The targeted shape and full recovery are achieved one year after the operation.
If you are interested in aesthetics, genital aesthetics and filling you should definitely read our articles.